My Little Flame (Re-Release)
Footlodgedindoor Music/Kindling Music
A deluxe, expanded reissue of Kathryn Rose’s second solo album.
The major label-distributed reissue of Kathryn Rose’s My Little Flame features new cover artwork, two new tracks including a stirring version of the Jimmy Webb classic Wichita Lineman and DJ remixes of single “Life’s Luxurious.” The CD edition includes an enhanced CD-ROM with the Life’s Luxurious video.
My Little Flame includes guest performances by Ron Sexsmith, George Koller (Holly Cole), Thomas Ryder Payne (ex-Joydrop), Kevin Fox (Sarah Harmer) and Bryden Baird (Fiest, Esthero).
“Rose basks in her idiosyncrasies, giving her songs complex, fanciful musical arrangements and cinematic atmospherics. She is also thrifty with her vocal gymnastics, a welcome trait in these diva-worshipping times.” -Eye Weekly.
|Something I Can Use||Kathryn Rose||5:19|
|The Gift Of This Moment||Kathryn Rose||5:02|
|Life’s Luxurious||Kathryn Rose||5:10|
|This Long||Kathryn Rose||4:54|
|The Original Groundhog Day||Kathryn Rose||3:46|
|I Married Myself||Kathryn Rose||3:31|
|Dear The Mother Of A Dead Son||Kathryn Rose||4:00|
|Shrinking Violet||Kathryn Rose||6:29|
|Come and Get Me||Kathryn Rose||6:01|
|Wichita Lineman||Kathryn Rose||4:26|
|Life’s Luxurious (Chill Mix)||Kathryn Rose||6:06|
|Life’s Luxurious (Trance Mix)||Kathryn Rose||4:21|
- Something I Can Use (Dennis Mohammed: bass, Paul Brennan: drums, Thomas Ryder Payne: programming, guitars, KR: vocals)
- The Gift Of This Moment (Paul Brennan: drums, Thomas Ryder Payne: programming, guitars, KR: vocals)
- Life’s Luxurious (for Robin P) (Jim Bish: bass flute, George Koller: acoustic bass, Paul Brennan: drums, Thomas Ryder Payne: programming, guitars, KR: vocals)
- This Long (Dennis Mohammed: bass, Josh Hicks: drums, Paul Brennan: outro drums, David Pell: trombone, Bryden Baird: flugelhorn, trumpet, Vince Barbee: French horn, Thomas Ryder Payne: programming, guitars, KR: vocals)
- The Original Groundhog Day (Jim Bish: clarinet, Dennis Mohammed: bass, Josh Hicks: drums, Thomas Ryder Payne: piano, guitars, KR: vocals, tambourine)
- I Married Myself (George Koller: acoustic bass, Paul Brennan: drums, Thomas Ryder Payne: piano, guitars, KR: vocals)
- Deserving (Jim Bish: bass flute, Dennis Mohammed: bass, Josh Hicks: drums, Grace Hong: strings, Thomas Ryder Payne: programming, guitars, KR: vocals)
- Dear The Mother Of A Dead Son (Thomas Ryder Payne: piano, KR: vocals)
- Shrinking Violet (Jim Bish: bass flute, Thomas Ryder Payne: programming, guitars, “violet”, KR: vocals)
- Virginia (George Koller: acoustic bass, Paul Brennan: drums, Grace Hong: strings, Jim Bish: clarinet, Ron Sexsmith: Beautiful Boy and echoes, Tim Bovaconti and Kevin Fox: ahhh…, Thomas Ryder Payne: rhodes, guitars, KR: vocals)
Plus Bonus Tracks:
- Come And Get Me (Thomas Ryder Payne: programming, guitars, KR: vocals)
- Wichita Lineman: (Thomas Ryder Payne: programming, guitars, bass, KR: vocals, percussion)
- Life’s Luxurious Chill Mix (Remix by Kush & DJ O)
- Life’s Luxurious Trance Mix (Remix by DJ Murr)
Produced by Thomas Ryder Payne,
Recorded and mixed at Lionheart Studio, Toronto, Canada.
Engineered by Steven Cogdell and Thomas Ryder Payne.
Bonus tracks produced by Thomas Ryder Payne at TRP Studios, May-June 2003,
All songs by Kathryn Rose © 2001 Footlodgedindoor Music/SOCAN, except for bonus tracks Wichita Lineman, written by Jimmy Webb © Universal PolyGram Publishing Inc (ASCAP), and Come And Get Me, written by Kathryn Rose © 2003 Footlodgedindoor Music (SOCAN).
All songs arranged by Thomas Ryder Payne and Kathryn Rose.
Deserving and Virginia string arrangements by Peter Brennan.
This Long horn arrangement by David Pell and Kathryn Rose. Mastered by Greg O’Shea at Umbrella Sound.
Design: Dan Bryk, aesthetix.bryk.com.
Inner photography and art direction: Video Lake Media Arts.
Male Model: Robbie Carter.
Enhanced CD Assembly and mastering: Noah Mintz, Grandmasters.
Design and layout: Dan Bryk, aesthetix.bryk.com.
Front and back cover photography: Steve Payne.
Makeup & hair: Shawna Bowen
Life’s Luxurious Video:
Director: Marc Rosing
Editors: Rick Dolishny, Scott Dobson.
Kathryn’s wardrobe courtesy of Franke.
Enhanced Thank Yous:
RJ Guha, Tony Kleinschroth and Amanda VenDenBrock at Matrix Entertainment, Kindling Music, Bobbi Beeson at Siren Promotions, Steve Butler at Courage Artists and Touring, David Macniven, Dan Bryk, Marc Rosing, Mike Edmonds, Samy Inayeh, 48 Media, Scott Dobson, Rick Dolishny, Shawna Bowen, Kendra Francis and Martin at Franke, Glynnis at Response Clothing, Steve Payne, Etric Lyons, Bob Siboney, Nick Murray, Rich Levesque, Andres Castillo Smith, Vid Lake, Rique Franks, Lis Soderberg, Howard Moore, David Matheson, Tim Perlich and of course, Thomas Payne.
In memory of Ida & Louis Special thanks to Vid, Dan, Steven and to the wonderful musicians on this CD. Thank you to my (little flame) friends and supporters. Most of all, thank you TRP for sharing most of your secrets.
This album was made with the generous assistance of the Ontario Arts Council.